Recycling is the process in which waste materials can be converted and put to use
Pet, bottle and all kind of plastic material can recycle
That make the environment free from plastic pollution to make the world green and better place
Plastic recycling is imperative in making sure that natural resources are returned to nature to ensure their sustainability. Plastic was supposed to be the wonder product of the 20th century, but the toxic waste created by it is has been dangerous. Therefore, it has become imperative that we recycle all plastic waste.
What is Plastic Recycling?
Plastic recycling is the process of recovering different types of plastic material in order to reprocess them into varied other products, unlike their original form. An item made out of plastic is recycled into a different product, which usually cannot be recycled again.
Business and home consumption
Plastic recycling pickup process and transportation
Plastics stored in factory warehouse
Plastics are inspected and stored
Plastic material is chopped and washed and water
Plastic grind picked for shipment
Stages in Plastic Recycling
Before any plastic waste is recycled, it needs to go through five different stages so that it can be further used for making various types of products.
- Sorting: It is necessary that every plastic item is separated according to its make and type so that it can be processed accordingly in the shredding machine.
- Washing: Once the sorting has been done, the plastic waste needs to be washed properly to remove impurities such as labels and adhesives. This enhances the quality of the finished product.
- Shredding: After washing, the plastic waste is loaded into different conveyer belts that run the waste through the different shredders. These shredders tear up the plastic into small pellets, preparing them for recycling into other products.
- Identification and Classification of Plastic: After shredding, a proper testing of the plastic pellets is conducted in order to ascertain their quality and class.
Benefits of Plastic Recycling
After knowing the processes and stages of plastic recycling, it is also important to know its various benefits. A few of them are:
- There’s A Ton of Plastic: One of the biggest reasons for recycling plastic is its huge quantity. It has been observed that 90% of the waste accumulated by the municipal corporation is a plastic waste. Apart from this, plastic is used for manufacturing various types of goods and items that are being used on a daily basis. This will not only help increase the production of plastic but will also take care of the environment.
- Conservation of Energy and Natural Resources: The recycling of plastic helps save a lot of energy and natural resources as these are the main ingredients required for making virgin plastic. Saving petroleum, water, and other natural resources help conserve the balance in nature.
- Clears Landfill Space: Plastic waste is accumulated on land that should be used for other purposes. The only way this plastic waste can be removed from these areas is by recycling it. Also, various experiments have proven that when another waste material is thrown on the same ground as plastic waste, it decomposes faster and emits hazardous toxic fumes after a certain period. These fumes are extremely harmful to the surrounding area as they can cause different types of lung and skin diseases.
Plastic recycling not only promotes proper utilization of plastic waste but also helps conserve the environment, making it cleaner and greener.